Monday, March 22, 2010

Woodstock-ish

Just the other day, as I was having dinner at some friends place, we started listening to some golden oldies. And I said "Next time I'm home, I'm gonna make a playlist on Spotify with tunes from the Woodstock-era". I actually said it in Norwegian, but that's not the point. And so I did. Or at least, I made a list with songs that have that feel to it. Maybe it's because some of those songs really just makes me wanna sit around in a big park with friends, drinking a beer, enjoying the sun and some of the amazing music that were created before I was.

Anyway, here is a little selection of some of those songs. Enjoy!


Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit ( Live from Woodstock 1969 )




The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin'




The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin




The Beach Boys - God Only Knows




Melanie - Ruby Tuesday ( Rolling Stones cover )




Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower

5 comments:

  1. Great classic tunes mate!

    I feel I will be chilling and listening on this age for a while lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody hell, my first comment and I mess it up lol. On this *page* lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is 1971, a bit late for Woodstock, but check this song out (you might recognise it from the helicopter paranoia scene in Goodfellas) . . . . play loud!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALVjwR3dFE8

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm planning to go to Woodstock in September to see Levon Helm, the drummer from The Band - he lives there and puts on concerts in his house/studio. If you don't know "The Night The Drove Old Dixie Down check out this version from The Last Waltz" - a concert film directed by Martin Scorsese. Levon hates the film but he admits that this is the best they ever played this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMHyovwX7JM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out Patti Smith's White Rabbit version, love it too! (in fact, check out her 'twelve' album, her versions of Gimme shelter and Smells Like Teen spirits are fantastic!!)
    Heia Frode!!

    ReplyDelete