Thursday, March 25, 2010

Italian music - Gianna Nannini




When I was a wee boy about yay high, my family and I went on Holiday to Italy. This was back before cd-players were the standard for cars, so when we bought some Italian music to listen to in the car, we bought a tape. We bought Gianna Nannini.




So, basically, Gianna Nannini is one of the first artists I was introduced to. It was 88-89, and I was 5-6 years old. Luckily for me, she is still going strong, and last October I went to Rome and saw her live in concert. It didn't dissapoint.


From the concert at Palalottomatica in Rome, October 2009. I was way in the back, so could only get pic of the atmosphere with my cell-phone cam




It was just amazing to go to Rome for a concert, and sit there with thousands of Italians singing along to an artist I had been listening to for about 20 years.





So I really recommend you checking out these videoes and live clips. Personally I love her voice, and the versatility in her tunes. And I also love the fact that sometimes when you listen to the songs, you can almost hear her smile. Nice.



This tune, Aria, is from the album "Perle", an acoustic-ish album with some of her greatest tunes played down. Great album. No video for this, just the tune.




This next is a live clip, and she is great live, from 1984. "Ragazzo dell'Europa" and "California".




Music-video for "Voglio Fare L'Amore"



"Sognami" Live




Music-video for "Meravigliosa Creatura"





Music-video for "Maledetto Ciao"



Music-video for "Bello Impossibile"




Last one for now (I could go on forever) is the theme from the World Cup 1990 (Football... or soccer for those in America)

Gianna Nannini & Edoardo Bennato - "Un'estate Italiana"




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment