Thursday, October 21, 2010

Smells like winter...

I need gloves. I don't have any, and as I was biking earlier to play football I realized I need gloves (and I re-realized it as I was playing football). Autumn only made a brief visit to Oslo before Winter came creeping in. I am not a huge fan of cold weather. I like warm weather, and cold weather is totally the opposite. Then again, there are some upsides to Winter as well, Christmas obviously being one of them. The food, the vacation, the food, the traditions (movies, songs, etc)... and the food. Also, it's easy to underestimate how ridicilously awesome it is to get inside after being outside freezing. Being warm is nice. Freezing, not so much.

Christmas is still a couple of months away, but here is a teaser. One of my fave Christmas-tunes from one of my favorite artists.




So, what to do when it's uncomfortably cold outside? Well, obviously a lot of people go skiing, snowboarding, ice-skating etc. Winter-sports. I'm not very good at either, and although I'm not opposed to going outside during Winter, (which would be silly, as Winters in Norway can be quite long), it is a time where one easily can stay indoors in good conscience. Here's a random selection of good movies to keep you company when inside-activities beats outside-activites.

1. Fargo (1996)

2. 12 Angry Men (1957)

3. The Insider (1999)

4. Sleepers (1996)

5. I Love You, Man (2009)

6. Traffic (2000)


That's it for now!

2 comments: