Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cities

"If you ever go to [insert city], you will always wanna come back".

I think most people have this feeling when it comes to certain cities. I know I do. There are some cities I know I will always come back to. It's not that there are specific things I have yet to do in those cities (even though there are). I just need to be there from time to time. I need the atmosphere. I need the buildings around me. The streets, the people, the corners, the food, the smells...

For me, two cities stand out. Roma and New York. These are two cities I can travel to without any agenda. I can just be there, and that's enough.



Some reasons why I miss New York (in no particluar order):

- Starbucks
- Nancy Whiskey Pub
- Inwood Park
- Playing football for Landsdowne Bhoys in the Bronx
- Village Underground
- All the great people I've met over there
- Food
- Central Park


The Village Underground downtown Manhattan

Why I miss Roma (Rome):

- Food
- Amaro del Capo and Amaro Montenegro
- The streets
- The language
- The people I've met there
- The weather

No comments:

Post a Comment