Wednesday, November 3, 2010

From me to you...

The Beatles... they obviously don't need an introduction. They had so many great tunes it's hard to know where to start. I'd like to share with you some of my faves. Obviously not all of my faves are included here. There are simply to many of them.


Helter Skelter



One of the hardest-hitting tunes from the Beatles, known for the "I've got blisters on my fingers" line at the end as well as having been listened to a LOT by a certain Charles Manson who had his own idea about how to read the song...


Because



Some fantastic harmonies in this tune


Elanor Rigby



Always have been, and still is, one of my faves. There's something beautifully tragic about the song.



All My Loving




Classic Beatles. On a scale from 1 till 2 on being catchy, this is a definite 2.


Money (That's What I Want)



Another very catchy tune from George, John, Paul and Ringo. Even though they feel the best things in life are free, they wanted money. And money they got.


From Me To You



Again, truly catchy.



I've Just Seen a Face




Can't really remember if I re-discovered or discovered this when I saw "Across the Universe" recently. A great song.


Blackbird



The guitar in this song is so ridicilously wonderful. And the lyrics are also wonderful. High five!


Last, I'd like to share a wonderful Beatles-cover from Jeff Beck... His haunting version of A Day in The Life is simply magnificent.





That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment