Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday thoughts

It's Sunday. Ridiciously early on a Sunday, to be honest. As the week comes to an end, there's a couple of things I'd like to say. One, some tunes are awesome. And just the fact that you can listen to them anytime you want to (not litteraly, but almost?) is pretty freaking amazing. It would be even easier if my iPod touch didn't have a problem with the left sound-channel, but that's another story. (That story isn't really that long. Basically there's a problem with the left sound-channel, and yes I have tried several sets of earphones, and yes, all the stores say I might as well buy a new one.)

This first tune is one that might seem familiar for several reasons. It was featured in the movie Boyz n the Hood from 1991, and is also sampled in Tupac's "Keep Ya Head Up". This performance from Five Stairsteps is from the show Soul Train.


Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child




Next tune is another song from Melanie Safka, who has featured in this blog before. I can't miss the 60s and 70s, as I wasn't born then, but if I had been born to experience the 60s and 70s, I probably would miss it. Sometimes. Not all the times. (Hence what I wrote about listening to great tunes anytime you want...)

Melanie Safka - Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma




Next tune is one of my fave tunes from The Rolling Stones.

The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black




Also, I am looking forward to the new movie with Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis called Due Date. It's not out until early November, which is annoying, since... well, it's October.


Trailer for Due Date







That's it for now! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment